Several DrupalCamps are hosted every year in India and a huge chunk of attendees are new to DrupalCamps or similar community events. Most first time attendees are clueless about what to do and how to do it or they end up asking themselves why they're at the event. A lot of people end up sitting in a corner never talking to anyone and going back or they stay in their own circle of friends and don't really make the most of the opportunities at a DrupalCamp. In this talk, I'll take beginners through how to make the most of a DrupalCamp so that they come again each year.
In this session we'll cover:
- Purpose of a DrupalCamp.
- Common structure of a DrupalCamp.
- How to track future DrupalCamps.
In this session you'll learn:
- What can be achieved at a DrupalCamp.
- Establishing a focus for attending the camp.
- How to approach people & network at a camp.
- Understand the behind the scenes action.
- How & where to get involved.
Audience: First-time DrupalCamp Attendees & to-be DrupalCamp Organisers.