How about if you had a magic wand to:
- Estimate the size of a Drupal 7 site
- Measure the effort required to upgrade that Drupal 7 site to Drupal 8
- To give the product owner a broken up scope of work for the upgrade, to help them make decisions
And all above in 5 minutes? A report like http://opensenselabs.com/migration-report/techtud
With Drupal 8 stable release, Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 upgrade is a hot cake for all Drupal enthusiasts and site owners. With the improved performance, security and Mobile DNA of Drupal 8, it tempts everyone to consider shifting. At this point, most people get stuck at few questions, and the decision lingers around following ones,
- Is Drupal 8 ready for this project?
- Are the modules the project is using ready for use in Drupal 8?
- I heard Drupal 8 upgrade to more a rebuild than an upgrade, how much of my site I need to rebuild?
- How much will it cost for this upgrade to Drupal 8?
With due course of time, more & more people will end up hitting these questions, so we decided to put a full stop to this and make it simple. We borrowed Sherlock’s power of deduction and built an algorithm to answer all these questions.
Drupal 8 upgrade estimation tool reduces manual audit effort to a huge extent and gives you a deep insight of a Drupal project with a key focus on providing a High-level man-hours estimation with a detailed break up of various steps of any Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 Upgrade including
- Porting the custom/unavailable contrib modules to Drupal 8.
- Views reconfiguration
- Features rebuilding
- Writing migration path for data migration
- Theme rebuilding
- Data & file migration.
The session will be split into 3 parts,
- A quick overview of Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 upgrade process & steps.
- Various factors to keep in mind while estimating which might pop-up as a surprise during upgrade & migration.
- Showcase the automated Drupal 8 upgrade estimation tool. https://www.drupal.org/project/d8_migration_check
The attendees should have intermediate experience of Drupal 7 development or basic understanding of Drupal site building.